The idea behind organic farming is sustainability. It represents the
“True” cost of production, taking all environmental factors
into consideration unlike almost all other goods currently produced. By
increasing the health of the environment, we are ensuring the health of
the crops and ultimately the health of all living things. It's about maintaining
natural ecological balances. This beautiful balance gives us much more
than just healthy fruits and vegetables.
More reasons to go organic:
- No use of chemicals, synthetic fertilizers or pesticides.
- No use of genetically modified organisms or GMO’s.
- It’s good for the environment.
- It's a sustainable agricultural system.
- It's a natural way to fertilize the soil.
- It fosters happy and healthy livestock.
- It helps maintain our open spaces.
- It doesn’t leak harmful chemicals into our water and ecosystems.
- It's safer for wildlife.
- It tastes better.
- It supports smaller farms, which are more labor intensive, benefiting the rural economy.
- It helps promote sustainable living for farmers and their families.