Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
by Natures Garden | Other recipes by this author
Prep Time: 0min Cook Time: 0min Level: Intermediate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Rub both halves with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Season the squash with salt and pepper and place, flesh side down, onto a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Roast the squash for 35-45 minutes, or until the skin has browned and is soft to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin and reserve the cooked squash.
- Meanwhile heat the stock to a boil and reserve. In a separate pot, heat the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until the vegetables are lightly caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the white wine to deglaze the pan and reduce for 2 minutes. Add the squash to the pot and continue cooking for 5 minutes or so, stirring frequently.
- Remove the squash mixture from heat and transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Turn on the food processor to puree the squash for 1 minute.
- As it is running, gradually add 2 cups of the stock, the milk, and butter.
- Check the consistency of the soup. If it is too thick, add more stock until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and crushed pecans if desired.