Stop by our Krog Street Market stall to try one of our organic Wheatgrass Elixirs! Feeling the effects of spring allergies? Try the Soulgrass, a delicious combination of wheatgrass, ginger, turmeric, and lemon that helps boost immunity and reduce inflammation. Other offerings include:
- Wheatgrass & Ginger Shots
- Mintgrass – wheatgrass, mint, lemon
- Hempgrass – wheatgrass, hemp, cinnamon
- Hotshot – wheatgrass, lemon, cayenne
- Uptown Buddha – orange, turmeric
Wheatgrass is a powerful concentrated liquid nutrient, rich in living chlorophyll. Chlorophyll gives plants their green pigmentation and boasts high magnesium and oxygen content. According to Hippocrates Health Institute, two ounces of wheatgrass juice has the equivalent of five pounds of raw organic vegetables! Not only is wheatgrass high in Vitamin A and C, it also contains all B vitamins, a variety of minerals, and it is a complete source of protein. This young grass also acts as a powerful detoxifier, benefiting the liver and blood in our bodies.
Wheatgrass is simply wheat in its early stages; once the grass has been growing for seven or eight days, it is at its optimal stage to be picked and juiced. Wheatgrass juice must be drunk immediately after juicing to ensure that you receive all of its vital nutrients.
Wheatgrass juice is viewed as having powers of rejuvenation and has been referred to as the plasma of youth as well as the life blood of plants. If you look at all the elements that are absent in your body’s cells, there will be the realization that all of these, especially hormones, enzymes, nucleic acids and vitamins can all be regained by drinking wheatgrass juice on a regular basis.
After years of consumption, people who drink wheatgrass juice have displayed beneficial effects on their overall health. These benefits have been shown to be both many and varied:
- Wheatgrass has been shown to cleanse the lymph system, leaving the body in a far cleaner state than prior to the intake of wheatgrass juice.
- This juice has also demonstrated that it has the power to help build levels of oxygen and nutrients in the blood.
- Drinking wheatgrass also helps to restore balance to your body by removing the toxic metals that reside in your cells. Your liver and kidneys will feel the wheatgrass’ nourishing and vitality restorative properties.
At our Krog Street Market location, we look to Andi’s Way as our source for Organic Wheatgrass. Andi’s Way starts with the best organic seed available and takes their time to positively grow the best wheatgrass and microgreens. They grow in a naturally organic soil with all natural sun light and no added chemicals of any kind. Classical music is played to each one of their products to ensure positive, vibrant, nutritious greens for your enjoyment!
Searching for Andi’s Way products? Please click here to shop online and add to your box this week.