Spring is finally here and this week we celebrate its fresh flavors with a tasty pasta dish! Use a variety of produce from your box to create a colorful and healthy meal. This recipe starts off vegetarian and can be altered to your tastes by adding parmesan cheese, seared fish, or grilled chicken. Get creative and make it your own!
- 8 oz pasta of your choice, cooked
- 5 tbl olive oil
- 3 roma tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 2 small zucchinis, halved and sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, halved and sliced
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to directions given.
- Drain and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cover the pasta and hold warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes, or until translucent but not browned.
- Next add the zucchini and squash and cook for another 3-4 minutes until almost tender.
- Finally add the tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper then add half of the parsley and toss to combine.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley and parmesan if desired.
Visit our website to browse our selection of Certified Organic fall produce as well as pastured meats, coffee, tea, prepared foods, and more! www.naturesgardenexpress.com
Save $10 on your first box by using code $ave10!
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm and you can reach us at (770) 441-9976. We would love to hear from you!